Position Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC
Yellow Pencil is a web design and development company based in Edmonton, AB and Vancouver, BC. We have been in business since 1996 and have great, long-term clients in public, financial, energy, retail, transportation and regulatory sectors. We work with a variety of technologies but we always focus on content-driven, usable, accessible websites.
We've got a team of awesome people who are passionate about their work and we are looking to add one or two more.
Yellow Pencil is looking for a CMS Developer who will work on web content management systems. Your work will primarily be in OpenText Web Site Management (formerly RedDot) and in Oracle WebCenter (formerly Stellent and FatWire) with the potential in the future to work in Drupal Open Source CMS. You will be building web projects that will focus on ease of use, efficiency, web standards and overall elegant code and interface.
- Work with our UX team to define requirements and plan out project architecture
- Convert XHTML, CSS and XML templates to CMS interfaces
- Consume content from web services to create interactive web page content
- Consume content from social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and present that as part of website content
- Develop web, mobile and responsive design interfaces
- Build and document easy to use interfaces for content authors
- Work with a Technical Architect to implement and extend our own frameworks, building system extensions that can be re-used across projects
- Document your work
- Collaborate with our development team to problem solve
- Think about better ways to deliver projects all the time
- Work with content authors and clients to make their tasks easier so that they create better content
- A modest amount of travel may be required
Required Hard Skills
- You should know a little about: PHP, ASP
- You should love and respect W3C standards
- You should know about WCAG and Accessibility and why it's important
Required Soft Skills
- The ability to communicate in writing with clients and co-workers
- The ability to communicate verbally with clients and co-workers
- You’ve got to love web communication and be able to explain why
- You’ve got to be able to listen to a client, work out the real business problem, and work with your own team to create a solution
Skills that are Nice to Have
- Experience with OpenText WSM (RedDot)
- Experience with Oracle WebCenter (FatWire, Stellent)
- Experience with social media web services
- You should use the web regularly and know popular memes in order to fully enjoy the jokes on our internal chat service
- A degree in computer science, or a related communications degree
- 2-5 years experience in web publishing, application development or a related field
- Experience dealing with clients in a one on one environment, or in a meeting/workshop environment
- Annual performance bonuses based on goals set in bi-annual review
- Medical, Dental, Health Allowance benefits
- Gym membership at the downtown YMCA (executive locker room)
- Education/Conference allowance
- Company hockey team and frequent company ski trips
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and take a few moments to introduce yourself.
While we’re only hiring for one position at present, we don’t expect that it will be long until we’re looking for more people, so we’re happy to get to know you even if this isn’t the exact time for you to join us.
And thanks in advance for the work you put into your application.